Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FaisalImam
Helper I
Helper I

idea to show trends

Hi guys,

Need idea to show the trends for :

I have  tickets with opened and closed dates - based on opened dates ,we find  the count of tickts opened in week 1 ,2,3... ( created separate column as opened week number  

Open Week Number = WEEKNUM ( Incident_LiveData[OPENED] )

and thus calculation total count week wise) and similarly based on closed dates,we find the counts of tickes closed on week  1,2,3... ( created seaprate column as closed week number

ClosedWeeknum = WEEKNUM(Incident_LiveData[CLOSED])

and thus calculation total count week wise) 

1.  I need to show closed vs open ratio weekly view trend. total opened/total closed on weekly basis trend chart

Problem is how to show the trend . What to use in x axis? open week num or closed week number. Any way to merge the week?

PS - to get the total open tickets week wise - we are simply calculating the (counts of open week num - calculated from open dates) and same for closed counts (counts of closed week num- calculated from closed dates.).Hence two different columns we have for weeks.

2 REPLIES 2
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @FaisalImam ,

You will have to use the calendar table and in the same calendar table you will have to create three calculated columns :

WeekNum

Opened

Closed

And then create a measure to calculate %.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Can you please  explain via small expample... Which type of calender should  I ceate?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.