Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to work on the same power Bi file together at the same time

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me if there are 2 resources or more, how to work on the same power Bi file together at the same time instead of one person waiting for the file when the other is working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous , This is what we follow.

1) We keep one file for data model and only one person changes it.

2) We publish it as a dataset and start visual files using that dataset. and every person works on one page at a time. 

3) We can check and merge changes using ALM toolkit, measure etc and copy paste visual, select all on-page and paste on a new page in one file.

4) We make sure before we start that we use common template for visual

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak , Thank you for your response! 
I and one of my collegue work in a same powerBi project  So we are working on the same power bi file but we are preparing different dashboard. Our project consist of almost 22 dashboard in the same file. While I work on my dashboard she waits for the file. If we work on different file then have to do rework.  Rework as in we have to copy paste formulas and all..

That is why we are searching for a way that where we both can prepare our dashboard at the same time so that we dont have to rework or wait for each others file.

@Anonymous , This is what we follow.

1) We keep one file for data model and only one person changes it.

2) We publish it as a dataset and start visual files using that dataset. and every person works on one page at a time. 

3) We can check and merge changes using ALM toolkit, measure etc and copy paste visual, select all on-page and paste on a new page in one file.

4) We make sure before we start that we use common template for visual

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if you want to meta changes(measures, columns, etc) , You can work on the same file and use ALM toolkit to merge.

If you are working on visual, you can copy paste from one file to other 

How to ALM toolkit to merge Power BI files/Meta: https://youtu.be/lio62VRkOnc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.