Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

snandy2011
Helper IV
Helper IV

how to update report by each month on power bi

Hi All,

I have a question. I have created a report on the mid of june.Now, the June is over, so i want to update my report by whole june and that will be updated by each month. So is there any way to that in Power Bi desktop? How can i update my report through an updatd excel file so that the updation will reflect my report?

On the google analytics, there is a way to update my report each month on power bi. But what about normal excel file data?

Please help me to that.

Any suggesation is really appreciable.

Thanks,

snandy2011

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @snandy2011

You need to schedule your report to refresh it monthly  in Power BI service. So, assuming your excel is ready with the monthly data, power BI service will refresh teh dashboard and get you the updated data.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @snandy2011,

Could you please mark the proper answer as a solution?

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no "Monthly refresh" in the service, so none of the sanswers are the proper one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @snandy2011

You need to schedule your report to refresh it monthly  in Power BI service. So, assuming your excel is ready with the monthly data, power BI service will refresh teh dashboard and get you the updated data.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks

Raj

@Anonymous,

Another option would just be to manually refresh the report in Desktop and re-publish to the Service. That's less efificent than @Anonymous's method, though.

Hi @RMDNA,

How can i manually refresh the report in Desktop?

Just use the refresh button in the ribbon:

r.PNG

and then you can republish to the service to update the dashboard data:

p.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.