Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sid25
Helper II
Helper II

how to t rid of referenced tables after combining the entire data into one

I wanna get rid of the tables which I used to combine the data but after applying it, it loads all the tables but that's not what I want since it is time-consuming to load the duplicated tables which basically lead to redundancy and affects the efficiency of the report.

I tried to delete them but due to referencing, I am unable to delete or remove those tables or sheets.

is there any way to achieve the same or it's not possible. Please guide me through this issue.testimage.png

any help and suggestion would be great. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Erk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello Sid25,

You can disable 'data load' or 'Include in report refresh'  in Power Query (right click on the query) . If you disable this it wil not be shown in the report but the 'combined' table will work as it should.

Erk_0-1595836589812.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sid25,

You cannot delete a query that is referenced by another query. In your case, jan1, jan2, jan3 and feb are all referenced by combined.  You may do what @Erk  has suggested. This will not load those queries into your data model and will not take up space.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @sid,

Go to Power Query . Right Click on the table you dont want to load in the data Model.

Disable the Enable Load. Tick Mark should be removed.

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

Erk
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello Sid25,

You can disable 'data load' or 'Include in report refresh'  in Power Query (right click on the query) . If you disable this it wil not be shown in the report but the 'combined' table will work as it should.

Erk_0-1595836589812.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sid25 , have you combined them in edit query. Because if you have done in edit query/data transformation mode then you delete or hide those.

https://radacad.com/append-vs-merge-in-power-bi-and-power-query

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.