Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to show message (No data) in chart when the values are empty

I have stacked bar chart with 6 values only without axis, I need a way to show message "No data" in chart when all six values are empty 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

I am hoping No data available for some selection so assuming that type of scenario i have created dummy data and visualised in stack bar with your requirement. 

If you will select Category D. You can see the message that no data available. I am attaching Solution too.

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19q7SjnOKn-Mgv2S5RkyXB-q22pkYwNec/view?usp=sharing

Best Regards,

Ravi

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

I am hoping No data available for some selection so assuming that type of scenario i have created dummy data and visualised in stack bar with your requirement. 

If you will select Category D. You can see the message that no data available. I am attaching Solution too.

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19q7SjnOKn-Mgv2S5RkyXB-q22pkYwNec/view?usp=sharing

Best Regards,

Ravi

Very simple and clever solution ravik4934. Thank you so much...

Over lapping a score card on a chart and placing the following measure within the score card ...

Measure = IF(ISBLANK(SUM(User_MaramCS_ShowNoData[No.OfRecords])),"No Data Available Choose Another Category","")

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Here you go:

Best Regards,

Ravi

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Here you go:

Best Regards,

Ravi

Hello 

Im trying that Power BI do not exclude infomation. But i have other filter on it, and as on it is not contained a result for this, power bi is excluiding the values for previous celds. and i dont wnat that. do youknow what can i do? 

MBD = IF(ISBLANK(CALCULATE(SUM('BO by Planner and SO Type Detai'[Total BO Qty]),FILTER('BO by Planner and SO Type Detai','BO by Planner and SO Type Detai'[So Type]="Parts - Machine Break Down"))),0,CALCULATE(SUM('BO by Planner and SO Type Detai'[Total BO Qty]),FILTER('BO by Planner and SO Type Detai','BO by Planner and SO Type Detai'[So Type]="Parts - Machine Break Down")))
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-danhe-msft

Thanks so much for replying, but I wanted dynamic text not static. 

Hi @Anonymous

That's exactly what I need, it works perfectly now

Thanks a lot for your help

Kind regards,

@Anonymous @Anonymous Can anyone please let me what approach worked. Unable to open the google drive link.

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please post your desired result if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanna show a message under the chart as shown in the image below or inside it, is the there a validation alllows me to do that? I also inserted the image of fields to be more clear>

NoData.pngVlaues.png

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on my test, you could add an Axis title in X-Axis format:

1.PNG

Or you culd ues a button or text box in the visual:

2.PNG

1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors