Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to restrict few page level filtering on a visual

Hi All,

I have a report, it has 11 page level filters, which are used in all tabs of a report. 
Now, i have a requirement like, i want to restrict only 6 page level filters on a single visual for not filtering the data and remaining 5 filters should filter the visual. can anyone help me with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt that is possible. Create slicers and use the sync slicer property to keep them in sync across pages.

Then you use interaction to switch slicers

How Interactions Work- Split Page using interactions to compare - https://youtu.be/GIfRKzhMaR4

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

But when i am placing the slicer in a tab, the page level filters are being passed to the slicer and the slicer is filtered. I want to restrict those page level filters on that slicer, so that edit interactions might work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

by using sync slicer, the data is getting filtered from the page level filters. i need to restrict the page level filter on sync slicers.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Restricting few page level filtering on a visual is not supported.

As mentioned by @amitchandak , you might consider using a sync slicer for data filtering.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt that is possible. Create slicers and use the sync slicer property to keep them in sync across pages.

Then you use interaction to switch slicers

How Interactions Work- Split Page using interactions to compare - https://youtu.be/GIfRKzhMaR4

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.