Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

onion2114
Regular Visitor

how to remove border around visual selection to see "format your visual" changes

Surely there's a better way to see changes you're making to visuals in real time other than having to change the settings, click off of it, look at your visual, click back on it, then have to go back and find the same setting you were messing with, right? 

onion2114_0-1674667178653.png

You can't see the border changes you're making because of the visual "selection highlight" and in order to get rid of it you have to click off the visual, but when you do that and go back to the visual's settings instead of taking you back to the option where it was, you have to click General > Effects > Visual border for instance if you were changing the border. 

Obviously this isn't a huge deal but it is extremely annoying and a very obvious QoL feature. It baffles me that you guys don't think of stuff like this.

4 REPLIES 4
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @onion2114 , That's just part of my signature text- it will appear in this post as well.

I agree with you that there should be a better way to do what you are asking.

As far as I know, there is not currently a better way. As a volunteer who has some experience with Power BI, I do what I can to steer others in the right direction, but there are a lot of people that know more than me. Maybe someone from Microsoft or one of our forum Super Users can chime in. @amitchandak ?

I'm open to learning and hearing from anyone who knows of a better way!

Thank you for your volunteer work and time

onion2114
Regular Visitor

It doesn't help and doesn't answer the question. "Surely there's a better way to see changes you're making to visuals in real time other than having to change the settings, click off of it, look at your visual, click back on it, then have to go back and find the same setting you were messing with, right? "

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @onion2114 ,

This is not really the right forum for product enhancements- you might consider posting this to ideas.powerbi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.