Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to refresh data automatically

Hi,

i have built dashboard with Oracle database (on-premises), publish datashboard to power bi, problem is that user has to refresh data manually to get latest information.

pls guide how can i schedule data refresh automatically so that user does not need to manually refresh data.

thx

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

If you take the answer of someone, please mark it as the solution to help the other members who have same problems find it more quickly. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further. Thanks.

Best Regards

Allan

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, I assume you imported data from Oracle database. I'd like to suggest you use schedule refresh.  You can perform multiple dataset refreshes daily, which might be necessary if the underlying source data changes frequently. Power BI limits datasets on shared capacity to eight daily refreshes. If the dataset resides on a Premium capacity, you can schedule up to 48 refreshes per day in the dataset settings. For more information, see Configure scheduled refresh  .

It is also important to call out that the shared-capacity limitation for daily refreshes applies to both scheduled refreshes and API refreshes combined. You can also trigger an on-demand refresh by selecting Refresh Now in the dataset menu, as the following screenshot depicts. On-demand refreshes are not included in the refresh limitation. Also note that datasets on a Premium capacity don't impose limitations for API refreshes. If you are interested in building your own refresh solution by using the Power BI REST API.

For further information, please refer to the document .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rainer1
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous ,

for the refresh of the dataset you can activate the refresh unter the setting of the dataset.

Under the dataset tab in the service click the 3 dots of the dataset you want a scheduled refresh.

Then settings.

refresh2.png

Activate and expand the Scheduled refresh tab.

Here You can define refresh based on defined Time.

Please note the limit of eight Scheduled refreshs per day for Pro Users.

refresh1.png

The Automatic page refresh is currently in preview you can activate it in Power BI Desktop under options.

refresh.png

Then you can define a refresh time.

automatic-page-refresh-04.png

For Reference see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-automatic-page-refresh

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
It was useful? Press Thumbs Up!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.