Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JesusAguirre
Frequent Visitor

how to look up a value in another table?

Hi community!

I have a problem, I have two tables without any relationship, but there is a value which matches both, and when I do a lookupvalue it only brings me the value of some cells and of the others not even if they coincide:

JesusAguirre_0-1638382958948.png

The format of the data of the numbers is the same in the two tables.

Can you help me to solve what the problem?

Regards.

JA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesusAguirre
Frequent Visitor

Hi community!

I already resolved it!! 😁

I converted the two float values ​​to string with the following function: Convert ([float value], String)
And then I did the lookupvalue and it already brought me the necessary data.

Thanks!!

Regards.

JA

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JesusAguirre
Frequent Visitor

Hi community!

I already resolved it!! 😁

I converted the two float values ​​to string with the following function: Convert ([float value], String)
And then I did the lookupvalue and it already brought me the necessary data.

Thanks!!

Regards.

JA

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It won't make a difference with the format of the decimal type.  It's still a floating point number behind the scenes.  I think you'll have to change the data type to fixed decimal or , in power query a currency type.

--

It's quite unusual to use a lookup like this. I could compare it to doing a join between tables. A decimal type would never be used.

--

Alternatively, the data shown has 1 record per date.  If that is true for the whole dataset, just use the  date in the lookupvalue 

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It will depend which columns are in the lookup I suppose.

It's possible the decimal values are not matching (if you are using those).  You probably want a fixed decimal type to avoid the challenges of matching approximate values.

Hi @HotChilli 

What happens is that I have these two values ​​that are the same and with one if you find it and with the other not

JesusAguirre_0-1638400096247.png

try putting the two decimal data to 10 digits but it keeps giving me the same problem.

Thank you and I hope you help me find a solution!

Regards.

JA

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download your PBI file with the LOOKUPVALUE() function already written there.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.