Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Amardep1010
Helper I
Helper I

how to link power BI report to excel

Hi 

How we can link power BI report to Excel file with live data?

Please guide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

or you can create an SSRS report using Microsoft Report Builder, publish the report in Power BI Report Server and run the schedular from there. The report builder uses similar DAX functions used in Power BI. 

You can check the below link for tutorials on the same. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-builder-tutorials?view=sql-server-201...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

or you can create an SSRS report using Microsoft Report Builder, publish the report in Power BI Report Server and run the schedular from there. The report builder uses similar DAX functions used in Power BI. 

You can check the below link for tutorials on the same. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-builder-tutorials?view=sql-server-201...

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I don't think this is possible as you can't create a direct query connection with Excel. You can try the below:

•  Apply Ad-Hoc refresh or scheduled refresh.
  • Move your data to SQL server or any dataset that access live connection or direct query. 

Is there any way where i can export specific visulised table of that report to .csv every month? or specific date?

Hi @Amardep1010

It seems there's no better way to do that. Here is the similar idea and you may vote for it. Below is a blog for your reference.

Export Power BI Desktop data to CSV Files

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.