Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jos13
Helper III
Helper III

how to learn advanced DAX

Hi All,

Please suggest me a good source to learn advanced DAX. I have been creating reports in power BI for three years. I used to write simple DAX measures. The requirements I received were also simple calculations.

I am not getting any new opportunities because of lack of knowledge in DAX. I have knowledge in DAX functions but, that doesn't help me in solving real world problems.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Definitive Guide to DAX book - get the latest edition.  Read it and then read it again.  (repeat).

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Jos13 I agree with @HotChilli, Definitive Guide to DAX is just that. If you want a book based around real-world problems and solving them with DAX, I think my book DAX Cookbook is pretty good. But, I'm probably biased! 🙂

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Jos13 

In addition to what @Greg_Deckler  and @HotChilli  suggested, I would recommend you to take up DAX challenges and solve them. The Power BI community forum is a great place for it, you come across real-world challenges, you can learn from others' solutions. You get a chance to help others as well while you learn.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

4 REPLIES 4
igrandey89
Advocate II
Advocate II

Maven Analytics has some great, hands-on courses: Here's an advanced DAX course that I enjoyed: Advanced DAX for Power BI - Maven Analytics

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Jos13 

In addition to what @Greg_Deckler  and @HotChilli  suggested, I would recommend you to take up DAX challenges and solve them. The Power BI community forum is a great place for it, you come across real-world challenges, you can learn from others' solutions. You get a chance to help others as well while you learn.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@Jos13 I agree with @HotChilli, Definitive Guide to DAX is just that. If you want a book based around real-world problems and solving them with DAX, I think my book DAX Cookbook is pretty good. But, I'm probably biased! 🙂

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Definitive Guide to DAX book - get the latest edition.  Read it and then read it again.  (repeat).

Good luck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.