Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rajaraman
Frequent Visitor

how to increase space in column header

I have developed a report based matrix report.

all columns appear immediately one next to another

please provide a pointer to solve the same

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
cs_astron
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue. I created a colum called "S" and replaced the default of  Column =  with  S =  and hit the enter key to save the change. Now you have a column of size of 1 character. Repeat creating new columns to be placed between data columns. This give you control of each space. Drop the columns in between the your values in your matrix.

Initially, each new column is set up as a sum column. Leave them that way.

Column ValuesColumn ValuesMatrix with space columnsMatrix with space columns

For each new column, drag the column edge indicator <- || -> and drag the column to the desired size thus putting space between your data columns. 

Now open the Format tab (paint brush or paint roller) and select conditional formatting. Select each new column ( in this case column S, T and U) and change the column header background color to match the background color of your grid or page color. This will make the column header disappear and make it appear as empty space between your data columns.

I hope this improves the look of your matrix Rajaraman.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rajaraman,

When the new data is added in to Matrix visual the first time, the column would fit its width automatically which cannot be changed.

You can firstly set "Word wrap" On, and set "Auto-size column width" Off, and then manually change the column width as you need in this scenario. Smiley Happy

cw.PNG

Regards

i can resize the column width. But i want to increase space between column headers like cellpadding in html

please suggest a workaround or this can be achieved after i publish report to the server?

can some one throw light on this requirement

rajaraman
Frequent Visitor

I have developed a reporting using matrix report

Hi ,

Select your matrix report and go to -->Format -->Alignment -->Choose Center

Manually you can increase widh of the column by draging it try this hope this will work

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.