Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to ignore report filter for text in a table

I have a table that consists of Project id and employee hours . Report filter for all pages is Project status that needs to be ingnored. 

I created a measure for employee hours ( calculate([employee hours],all(job[project status])) ) ingnoring the project status but i have problem with Project id column that is text. 

How to ignore page filter for the first column ? when i create measure for project filed that is text ? When i create measure with min / max it will just give me one row instead of whole table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @Anonymous 

For your requirement, it could not be achieved in power bi for now.

You must know that measure is a dynamic aggregate value that based on the row context.

Since [Project id] is a dim field, you could not use measure for it.

You could only set visual filter for each visual in the report except the visual which [Project id] in it.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data sample : 

Project idEmployee hours
1010 abcd20
1011 edgh40
1012 abcd20
1013 edgh50
1014 abcd10
1015 edgh20

Report filter (all pages filter) set to Project status = prod

Measure for employee hours ALL(project status) dont work because Projects that are not in "prod" are being filtered out

How to ignore report filter for Project id so it will show all reports in the table ?  

hi @Anonymous 

For your requirement, it could not be achieved in power bi for now.

You must know that measure is a dynamic aggregate value that based on the row context.

Since [Project id] is a dim field, you could not use measure for it.

You could only set visual filter for each visual in the report except the visual which [Project id] in it.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.