Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ahsanlhcgov
Helper III
Helper III

how to highlight a row in a table

bi4.PNG

I am trying to highlight/bold a particular row. At the moment I am using matrix but I can use table.

Can someone please tell if this can be done.

8 REPLIES 8
DrewGoode
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

A bit late to this but the workaround i found was to create a basic measure to give the row you need highlighted a value and then apply conditional formatting with a rule.

For example if i had this table:

ExampleValue 1Value 2
A15
B26
C37
D48

Lets say i wanted the row with all 'B' to be highlighted, i could create the following measure:

Measure = IF(Table[Example] = "B", 1, 0)

I can then apply the conditional formatting for each column using the rule and value =1:

Power BI Conditional formatting.png

Cheers,

Andrew

isanz

Hi @ahsanlhcgov,

I came across with the same issue whenever I wanted to highlight or color rows instead of columns, and the only solution I found so far was a "shabby/sleazy" hack (but useful anyways).

It consists as follows:

- Insert a rectangle shape

- Give format to the shape (color, transparency, line, etc.)
- Bring the shape forward, or directly to front (in order to have the color upon the grid/row)

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Irene.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ahsanlhcgov,

We are able to format colors of rows in a table or matrix via the Values (background color, alternate background color) section of the Format pane. However, it it not supported to highlight/bold a particular row.

5.PNG

I would suggest you submit your ideal at this page.  If this feature was mentioned by many users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release. 

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ahsanlhcgov

What row(s) do you want to highlight ?

You can probably use conditional formatting !

It could be any row which I need to format. based on Title. 

Conditional formating only works for columns

I also can't find solution to this. It would be great for highlight special rows in a Balance Sheet.

exactly the same thing I am trying to do. U can use matrix to get totals and highlight the total row but I think the ability to highlight rows would be much more helpful. 

Yeah, I am not aware that this exists yet. Only the ability to essentially color code certain cells.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.