Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Amardep1010
Helper I
Helper I

how to hide "Transform File " folder from Queries panel in Power BI

Hi 

How we can hide "Transform File" filder from Queries panel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Amardep1010  Actually, that (Custom Function) will be used in your table that was created from that. If you delete those references, the table will become invalid. But if you don't want to see these folders/group then use the code in this custom function and integrate in your table logic itself (Using Advance Editor using M-code).

Instead of that, you can rename them and ungroup so that it will be part of your tables list (so it looks like normal list without any groups)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Amardep1010  It's not clear, could you please post the screenshot of which you are taking about to hide ?

Please find the below snap, i wish to be have only table or data file table in queries

Queries.JPG

@Amardep1010  Right Click on the Group/Folder - Select "Ungroup". That should do !!

I Know have tried but i wish to do not see those sample files in that panel, is there any way to hide them?

@Amardep1010  Actually, that (Custom Function) will be used in your table that was created from that. If you delete those references, the table will become invalid. But if you don't want to see these folders/group then use the code in this custom function and integrate in your table logic itself (Using Advance Editor using M-code).

Instead of that, you can rename them and ungroup so that it will be part of your tables list (so it looks like normal list without any groups)

Thank you Sir, 

But in some reports where excel files linked as data source there i saw the these sample file are not created the folder. but when we connect with folder it seems like that. can i have your E-mail Id for consulting any other qoeris if its OK with you. 

Thanks once again for filling me with knowledge 

@Amardep1010  Yes, it will be created if you use "Folder" as source option. Sorry, I can't share my personal email here. If you want to send any messages try to send using Private Messages. If it is related to any technical queries, I suggest to post in the open community which will helpful to everyone.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.