Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shaf_123
Regular Visitor

how to give different sort order columns on one same label column

Hi ,

I want to use same label column in different pages , for different visuals , if I am using sort by column on label column it is applicable to all the pages, I dont want that , I want to sort lable column based on different sort columns.

label column                          different sort orders columns

Shaf_123_0-1597332381017.png               Shaf_123_1-1597332415059.png 

Shaf_123_3-1597332512962.png 

currently I am using "sort L4"  as sort by column on label column"Inc Types L4" and created on bar chart on page-1

I need to create another matrix ,"Sort_Age" as sort by column on same label column  "Inc Types L4"  on Page-2

but I am unable to use different sort by column on different page either I can use Sort L4 or Sort_Age

so one of the page visual is getting wrong .

Thanks in advance for your help

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Shaf_123 , you can not have two sort columns. If you need then you need to copy the base column to

col , sort col1

col 2 = [col]

sort col2  = <some logic>

but for 10 pages I have to create with difeerent sort orders I need to duplicate label columns 10 times , I dont want that,

do we have any other option that I can use at page level to sort  my same label column with different sort orders.

Thanks

Hi @Shaf_123 ,

Great idea, but it can be achieved in current version(2.84.701.0 64-bit (August 2020)).

Please submit your idea .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lionel Chen,

I have installed updated version as you mentioned, but it did not change the functionality  of the  sort by column option, 

I am facing same issue , I am of losing on of the page visual, if I select any one sort order column, it is still impacting the whole report,not working at page level.

Reuqest you to let me know, is there anything I am missing on this.

Thanks in Advance 

Hi @Shaf_123 ,

😅I'm sorry, what I want to say is that the current (2.84.701.0 64-bit (August 2020)) version can not be implemented.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors