cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnandRanga Member

how to get top two months from a date column as filter ?

I am having a date field in which I have all the dates. I want to get only current month and previous month name as filter. How to do this ? 

I have tried max but it returns only current month number. Will TopN will work here, If yes can anyone tell me how?

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: how to get top two months from a date column as filter ?

Hi @AnandRanga,

To remove the records in which MonthsNEW is blank, you can create a calculate table:

Table =
    CALCULATETABLE ( TIMESHEETANALYSISCUBE, TIMESHEETANALYSISCUBE[MonthsNEW] <> BLANK () )

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AnandRanga,

You want to filter data, right? Please try the below formula to create a calculate table:

NewTable =
CALCULATETABLE (
    TopTwoMonth,
    FILTER (
        TopTwoMonth,
        TopTwoMonth[Date].[MonthNo] = MONTH ( TODAY () )
            || TopTwoMonth[Date].[Year]
                = IF (
                    MONTH ( TODAY () ) = 1,
                    YEAR ( TODAY () ) - 1,
                    YEAR ( TODAY () )
                        && TopTwoMonth[Date].[MonthNo]
                            = IF ( MONTH ( TODAY () ) = 1, 12, MONTH ( TODAY () ) - 1 )
                )
    )
)

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AnandRanga Member

I will try your solution  and will let you know baut for now I tried this and it is showing current and  previous month but It is showing (blank) also. Transdate is the column contains all the dates.

MonthsNEW = IF(MONTH(TIMESHEETANALYSISCUBE[TRANSDATE])=Month(NOW()), "Current Month",IF(MONTH(TIMESHEETANALYSISCUBE[TRANSDATE])=Month(NOW())-1,"Previous month")) 

Actually it is showing current and previous month but except these two months all the months are coming into (blank).

Is there any way to remove it ?

Thanks for your time.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AnandRanga,

To remove the records in which MonthsNEW is blank, you can create a calculate table:

Table =
    CALCULATETABLE ( TIMESHEETANALYSISCUBE, TIMESHEETANALYSISCUBE[MonthsNEW] <> BLANK () )

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu