Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to get font colors of a column based on other column values in powerbi desktop

Spoiler

hi all,

i have a requirement to change the colour of a column value to red if all other column values in the row are blank if not in blue..
eg:

amounts.PNG

in above eg, cost has value and investment,interest column has no value in first row ..then cost should show in red font ,rest all cases.. everything should be in blue. how can i acheive this..i think with conditional formatting itelf i can't acheive..although i tried..but no success..
can any one please give an idea of this how can i format or give the font colors based on above functionality..
thanx in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Unfortunately, it is not available to set font color conditionally based on values of other column. Here are two similar ideas, you can click to vote it up.

Conditional cell formatting based on the value of ANOTHER cell.

Conditional Formatting with fixed colors not color scale.

Best Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Unfortunately, it is not available to set font color conditionally based on values of other column. Here are two similar ideas, you can click to vote it up.

Conditional cell formatting based on the value of ANOTHER cell.

Conditional Formatting with fixed colors not color scale.

Best Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanx Yuliana Gu for the reply. i have shared my views in links provided..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.