Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

justinwang1901

how to generate report based on groups

does anyone know how to generate report based on groups? I have merged two sheets and grouped them by model. But it seems settings incorrect. Can't show uGroupsGroupsselecte modelsselecte modelssettings and current resultssettings and current resultswanted reportswanted reportsp call reports list based on grouped relationships.

6 REPLIES 6
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Seems like you are not clear on explaininng issue to community and your requirements. 

Please post the sample data and expected output for the community leaders to recreate a solution. 

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Repost here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/how-to-generate-report-based-on-groups/m-p/84143 Just want to know does anyone know how to generate report based on groups? I have merged two sheets and grouped them by model. But it seems settings incorrect. Can't show up call reports list based on grouped relationships.

@justinwang1901 As explained by @BhaveshPatel. It is apparent that you are using a grouping step in the advanced editor, but your explanation is not clear. Please explain what particular columns or data sets you are expecting to see. An example of how you want to see the data would go a long way in helping describe what you are expecting. As of right now, it's very difficult to determine what you want to do.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

okay, let me clarify it here: does anyone know how to generate report based on groups? I have merged two sheets and grouped them by model. But it seems settings incorrect. Can't show up call reports list based on grouped relationships.

This is the whole model in my sheet:

Groups.png

This is the model I want to fininally grouped

Selected Models.PNG

This is what I get currently and the source data I want to be connected. I have merged the model sheet to this source data.  

Settings and current  result.PNG

Here is the finial report I want to get. Which will be shown the call examples, performing list based on the models I defined. And I can search them grouply based on scope name.

Wanted  Report.png

Hi @justinwang1901,

In your scenario, it seems you group by the merged query based on the column Model, and you also want to return the list of the CallerPAI, right?

If that is a case, please try to group by based on two columns: Model and CallerPAI, and return other values. About using the Group By in Query Editor, please take a look at this article: Group Rows.

If I misunderstand the issue, please use some sample data and share the screenshots with us about desired results.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
justinwang1901

does anyone know how to generate report based on groups? I have merged two sheets and grouped them by model. But it seems settings incorrect. Can't show up call reports list based on grouped relationships.

GroupsGroupsselecte modelsselecte modelssettings and current resultssettings and current resultswanted reportswanted reports

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.