Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
skhalatian Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

how to fix the measure so other selections will not effect he result

Hi,

I'm new to powerbi and created a presnetation which has got two component .

a measure :  _Total  Expiring RSF 2018 = CALCULATE(sum('FACT - Property'[RSF]),'FACT - Property'[Year        Lease(s) Expire]<date(2018,12,31),'FACT - Property'[Year        Lease(s) Expire]>=date(2017,12,31) ,'FACT - Property'[Year]=2017,'FACT - Property'[Quarter]=4)

which I expect to always show the same value as the criteria is fix

also have got a column chart which I can see  8 quarters (2016,2017) - displayed below

when I choose 2017 Q4 (as per screenshot) the measure does give me the right value as expected

image.png

if I choose another bar Quarter/year as per screenshot below (2017 Q3)

image.png

then the value of the measure will be (blank) as per criteria on the measure ( 2017 Q4 )

I want measure always return the same value based on the criteria specified regardless of the selected column from the barchart.

I tried to use ALL ( ) function  unsuccesssfully as measure already have 4 critera

would apprciate your advise

Thanks

Shaun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: how to fix the measure so other selections will not effect he result

I have fixed the issue  by changing the  measure  to 

_Total  Expiring RSF 2018 = CALCULATE(sum('FACT - Property'[RSF]),'FACT - Property'[Year        Lease(s) Expire]<date(2018,12,31),'FACT - Property'[Year        Lease(s) Expire]>=date(2017,12,31) ,'FACT - Property'[Year]=2017,'FACT - Property'[Quarter]=4,ALL('FACT - Property'))

1 REPLY 1
Regular Visitor

Re: how to fix the measure so other selections will not effect he result

I have fixed the issue  by changing the  measure  to 

_Total  Expiring RSF 2018 = CALCULATE(sum('FACT - Property'[RSF]),'FACT - Property'[Year        Lease(s) Expire]<date(2018,12,31),'FACT - Property'[Year        Lease(s) Expire]>=date(2017,12,31) ,'FACT - Property'[Year]=2017,'FACT - Property'[Quarter]=4,ALL('FACT - Property'))