Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sebastienke
Helper III
Helper III

how to extract data from a matrix for all level in hierarchy

Hi PWBI community,

I think I have a problem well-known, but I didnt find a clear answer...
I have a matrice with different levels :

level 1level 2data
A X
 a12
 b10
 c3

X is the result of a complex equation based on data of level 2 (combined with other data).

If I extract a csv file from this matrix, i will have :

level 1level 2data
Aa25
Ab12
Ac10

but My X has dissapear and I don't want to calculate it again in my excel file.

Any idea how I can extract data for level 1 ?

Thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sebastienke 

Did you create a measure to change the subtotal calculation for level 1? Do you mean you want to export the data which is currently shown in the matrix visual?

Based on my test, I couldn't export additional lines for Level 1 with subtotal values either. Actually, the exported data is always the same no matter whether I include the subtotal values in the matrix visual or not. 

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sebastienke , Have you check export summarized data in power bi service, and that gives the same issue?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#export-summariz...

@amitchandak thanks for you r quick answer, but yes i tried and the result is the same that when I extract from power bi desktop. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.