Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to expose converted MySQL query

I have a Power BI report that connects to a cloud source via an ODBC driver.  The cloud source's DB is MySQL.  I have a fairly long and complicated list of steps that are applied in my query (e.g., query 2+ tables, merge, etc).  Is there a way to expose the equivalent MySQL query that M generates?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just discovered that there is a View Native Query feature when you right-click on certain steps in the query.  In particular, so far, I see that there are are queries for Navigation and Removed Other Columns steps.  I was expecting to see a query only for the Navigation step.  Does this imply that Power BI reads the data multiple times?

Hi @Anonymous,

You can find the M code in the power query, please refer to the picture as below.

222.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

I know I can expose the M query.  My problem is that I need the M query converted to the query language of the source (in this case, MySQL).  I now know that I can view the source query with the 'View Native Query' feature (right-click on a step in the query editor).  However, I don't understand why I can see 'View Native Query' for 2+ steps.  I was expecting to see only 1 native query.  For example, I expect to see a native query for the default Navigation step, but I wasn't expecting to see a native query for a 'Removed Other Columns' step.  Does this imply that 2+ queries are issued to the source?  Or, does Power BI convert the 2+ queries into 1 query and issue that 1 query to the source?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.