Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jaleef
Regular Visitor

how to enable hierarchy slicer

there is no option under setting and option and preview settings 

jaleef_0-1620731486335.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaleef ,

If the continuous date field is added to the slicer, check whether this option is turned on in option->data load->auto data/time. Then I achieved this result:

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620885721775.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jaleef ,

If the continuous date field is added to the slicer, check whether this option is turned on in option->data load->auto data/time. Then I achieved this result:

v-henryk-mstf_0-1620885721775.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

So you're looking for something like this?

AliceW_0-1620736073362.png

yes , but the value field of slicer is not accepting multiple date , for example i need year ,month and qtr in a single slicer , i have added year to the value field then trying to add month ,then year is getting removed 

AliceW
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

you might have changed a setting - strange! What I'd do is open a new document and add a slicer.

And make sure the year, month, and quarter are from the same date.

AliceW_0-1620736809704.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

i am not able to add multiple values in to the field , its getting replaced with new value i dragg in , like in the below i can only add one value at a time , while i am trying to add another its getting replaced 

jaleef_0-1620735830233.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.