Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to document a pbix project

Hello,

Since the January, I have produced many dashboards.  I wonder if there is some sort of Template available to help me to document each project, describing the needs that the dashboard responds to, the tables present, the different measures (dax) and a brief description of the data model.

Regards,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

We can also add the relationship diagram of how tables are connected with each other so it will give proper view of which modeling we are using like start or snow flake schema.

Please give Kudos if you like my suggestion.
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

You can use any snipping tool to take a screen shot of it.

Don't t forget to give Kudos.
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is this what you want?

desktop-templates-01.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What I would like to know, if someone in the community has already been confronted to the necessity to document the various dashboard that they have produced in terms of data source, fields, key measure in the project, particular calculations, the purpose of the dashboard, the presence of dax functions and so on.

What can we put in a supporting document, for a person who does not know anything about the dashboard, could read this document and make required changes or correction asked by a client.

If someone has already done some works on that, please feel free to share your experience in writting supporting documentation.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

After discussions with many employees of our BI Teams, here's the information we decide to put into a reference document.  If someone from the community think of something we should add in this reference document, please feel free to add your comments.

Regards,

Dashboard Name

1. Business Context

2. List of KPIs and how they are calculated

3. Data Sources

4. Refresh Rate

5. Access and Security (including approval process if any)

We can also add the relationship diagram of how tables are connected with each other so it will give proper view of which modeling we are using like start or snow flake schema.

Please give Kudos if you like my suggestion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It is a very good point.  Thank you very much.

Just by curiosity, when we are in model pane, we see all the relationship between the table. But is it possible to copy this image and put it in a word document.  If so, do you know how to do it?

Regards

You can use any snipping tool to take a screen shot of it.

Don't t forget to give Kudos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was my second solution.

I wish Power BI provide some printing option.

Don't forget to give kudos.  

I did that I should give kudos and how to do it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors