Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

how to display variation in Matrix

Hello all,

I want to display YtoY variation in a Matrix but could not find the way to do it with duplicating columns

Example :

Sans titre.png

For 2016 i want VAR N-1 and VAR -1 K appearing but not for 2015 since i d'ont have have any 2014 values in my database.

below the formula for VAR N-1

VAR N-1 = calculate (sum([VE]); filter ([Table]; [Table].[Year]="2016"))- sum([VE]); filter ([Table]; [Table].[Year]="2015")))

Could you please help?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
ThomasDaSilva
Advocate II
Advocate II

Bonjour, 

Je viens de tomber par hasard sur ton sujet et je serai très intéréssé de savoir comment tu as fait des titres regroupant plusieurs colonnes (2015,2016). J'aimerais faire la même chose mais je n'y parviens pas.

Merci d'avance.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@cedboumfrancois

Please try to uncheck “Show items with no data” as below.

how to display variation in Matrix_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

all the fields are already uncheck.

😞

@cedboumfrancois

I see... VE en K has value in 2015. So even if you uncheck Show items with no data for the Year column, Var N-1 V2 will still display in the Matrix.

If we remove VE en K from Values field, the blank Var N-1 V2 will not show in the Matrix. It should be as expected.

Best Regards,

Herbert

my goal is to display VE en K (2015) / VE en K (2016) / VAR N-1 (2016)

if i remove VE en K i will finish whith one single column, not what i want.

I'm surprised that such a basic table can not be done. I can't be the only one to need this kind of matrix.

it seems to be more tricky than expected.

I think Power BI is just great for graphs but very poor for table.

I hope some improvement in the near future for it, because for the moment it is quite ashamed. 

@cedboumfrancois

You can create an idea in http://ideas.powerbi.com for this feature to improve the Matrix visual.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Thanks a lot.

Sorry next time i will post in the correct forum

I used your formula. It works, but in terms of display the empty is this remaining. Is there any to show only the 3 filled columns?

Sans titre3.png

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@cedboumfrancois

You should post in other forums but not Issues for need help topic. You can try with following measure formula.

Var N-1 =
IF (
    CALCULATE (
        LASTNONBLANK (
            'VE journalier_mois'[Année Fact.];
            'VE journalier_mois'[Année Fact.]
        )
    )
        = "2015";
    BLANK ();
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'VE journalier_mois'[VE] );
        FILTER ( 'VE journalier_mois'; 'VE journalier_mois'[Année Fact.] = 2016 )
    )
        - CALCULATE (
            SUM ( 'VE journalier_mois'[VE] );
            FILTER ( 'VE journalier_mois'; 'VE journalier_mois'[Année Fact.] = 2015 )
        )
)

Best Regards,

Herbert

Thanks  tjd for the tip.

I've tried several if formulas but i'm a newbie in DAX.

Var N-1 = if(

filter('VE journalier_mois';'VE journalier_mois'[Produit]="2015");

null;

(CALCULATE(sum('VE journalier_mois'[VE]);FILTER('VE journalier_mois';'VE journalier_mois'[Année Fact.]=2016))-CALCULATE(sum('VE journalier_mois'[VE]);FILTER('VE journalier_mois';'VE journalier_mois'[Année Fact.]=2015)))

)

This do not work.

Any clue?

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Try wrapping your measure(s) in an IF statement that checks the previous year's values and returns a null for the measure if the previous year's value is null.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.