Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sambit

how to create same report for multiple user automatically

I have a dashboard composed of a single worksheet. For sake of simplicity, let's say there are 200 schools with data on their students' test scores. Each school requires it's own printed dashboard. What I would normally do (which takes way way way too long) is filter on school and print each school from 1 to 200 manually as a PDF.

Is there anyway to resolve this issue? I know there are some new R capabilities which I'm hoping might be the answer.  I was thinking maybe there's a way to code some sort of loop that says:

start at school 1, now print school 1 as PDF

proceed to next school on filter

currently at school 2, now print 2 as PDF

.... so on

until print school 200

Any procedure to automate the entire process, from PDF creation to email transmission to the individual schools if you want.

Appreciate any help! Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DevScopeHelp
Helper III
Helper III

You can fully automate that process with PowerBI Robots. It allows you to apply filters and send your reports on PDF to as many emails as you want. If you purchase the full version by November 10th, use code TREAT30 for a 30% discount.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Sambit,

I don't think that you can automate the above whole process that loop filter values and auto-generate PDF.

You can consider to create a PBIX file with parameter following the guide in this blog, then send the PBIX file to each school. Each school can filter their own data in the PBIX file by choosing parameter value and upload the PBIX file to service, then print the report.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.