Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

how to create a table with dynamic rows based on visual?

Hi,

I am using bunch of measures etc. in my matrix visual. I am also using a filter and drill through on this page. Now, I want to create a dynamic table (or the table structure can be static but the rows will need to be dynamically inserted) based on the filter used on the page. Is it possible to do so in power bi?

scenario:

on page 1, I have  a filter called service. I am doing drill through on page 1 that takes me to page 2 based on providerID with service filter in place. On page 2, I want to list all the providers that are applicable for this filter. I am trying to create a dynamic table that will have all the list of such providers.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Tough to say exactly but you should be able to just create a table visual on page 2 and put your provider column there. The drill through filters should filter that table down to the appropriate providers.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

That is exactly what I do not want.

Let say there were total 10 providers to begin with on page1. When the service filter on page1 is selected, let say only 8 providers show up because of this filter on page 1.

Now when I drill through on page 1 to one of the providers, it will take me to page 2 that has info for only this provider. I am carrying the service filter as well on the 2nd page.

What I want on 2nd page is: ALL the eligible providers applicable for service filter that I carried. (so basically 8 of them that I saw on page 1). There is a business reason to do so.  I need a drill through but i need info for all the providers as well. Is there a way to access it?

That is why I was looking at creating a dynamic table on page 2 with all the providers for the service. 

Alternatively, I can collect this list of providers on page 1 itself. Is there any way to pass this list to 2nd page?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.