Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to create a link table in Power BI?

I'm slightly confused how to create a link table in Power BI. is there any related videos' available? Please share.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you want to create relationships between your tables in the model? If so, you can refer this video Understanding relationships in Power BI Desktop and this official document Model relationships in Power BI.

If you want to create a table to link two fact tables, you can try the following solutions.

1 You can manually create a link table with the common fields of the original tables by the option Enter data. Then create relationships from these tables.

v-cazheng-msft_0-1620361502770.png

2 You can also consider Calculated table and then create relationships. For how to create Calculated table, you can refer Create subsets of your data with calculated tables and  create Calculated tables in Power BI Desktop.

If I misunderstand your needs or you still have question, please let me known.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HarishKM
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Anonymous  Hey,
You can create a reference table in power query or you can use a key or ID for creating an relationship .

if you wanted to create more one relationship then use This link

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you want to create relationships between your tables in the model? If so, you can refer this video Understanding relationships in Power BI Desktop and this official document Model relationships in Power BI.

If you want to create a table to link two fact tables, you can try the following solutions.

1 You can manually create a link table with the common fields of the original tables by the option Enter data. Then create relationships from these tables.

v-cazheng-msft_0-1620361502770.png

2 You can also consider Calculated table and then create relationships. For how to create Calculated table, you can refer Create subsets of your data with calculated tables and  create Calculated tables in Power BI Desktop.

If I misunderstand your needs or you still have question, please let me known.

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors