Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to connect to the graph api resources using PowerBI Desktop or PowerBI Online?

Hello, i am trying to make a "Web Content" or "OData" connection to 

https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/reports/getOffice365ActiveUserDetail(period='D7')?$format=application/json

using my organization account.  In both cases, I can successfully signin/auth, however get an "Access to this resource forbidden".

This used to work up until a few days ago!

I can run this same query in the graph explorer successfully.

I really want to know how to connect to the graph api resources using PowerBI Desktop or PowerBI Online..

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft any updates on this?

All odata queries to the graph api no longer work..

I too have the same issue. I can run GET queries just fine in the Graph Explorer. Same queries in Power Query / Odata result in "access forbidden" even though my authentication of Org Account is fine. Any updates on this issue??? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Seems to be a recent change, as I've been using this for months without problems. Would love a MSFT response on this one.

skmcken
Frequent Visitor

I have started to experience same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.