Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to connect on premise Team foundation server

I try connect our internal TFS,  We are not Visul studio online version, Is any one know how to connect ?

I tried, but just can see a few related data, if anyone connect already, please help me ,thank you very much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cosborn1231
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey WendyWang,

To report in Power BI off of a on prem TFS, I downloaded the TFS Add in for Excel, here

Once you have downloaded it in Excel go to File>Options>Add-Ins> Com-Add-In's and enable the Team Foundation Add in.

At this point a TEAM Tab will appear within your Excel Ribbon.

Using the Team add-in you will need to click "New List" (on the left of the ribbon), add the Server your TFS instance is on and select the Team Project Collection you are looking for.

Once you connect it will allow you import data based off of a TFS Query that is either specific to you (My Queries or Shared Queries). (these queries should be done beforehand to filter and pull the data you are looking to report on).

Once you import the data into a table, you have the ability to pull that excel file into Power BI to report on that TFS Data.

Downside: You will have to manually refresh the TFS query in Excel to keep data up to date, or have a script that does that for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cosborn1231
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hey WendyWang,

To report in Power BI off of a on prem TFS, I downloaded the TFS Add in for Excel, here

Once you have downloaded it in Excel go to File>Options>Add-Ins> Com-Add-In's and enable the Team Foundation Add in.

At this point a TEAM Tab will appear within your Excel Ribbon.

Using the Team add-in you will need to click "New List" (on the left of the ribbon), add the Server your TFS instance is on and select the Team Project Collection you are looking for.

Once you connect it will allow you import data based off of a TFS Query that is either specific to you (My Queries or Shared Queries). (these queries should be done beforehand to filter and pull the data you are looking to report on).

Once you import the data into a table, you have the ability to pull that excel file into Power BI to report on that TFS Data.

Downside: You will have to manually refresh the TFS query in Excel to keep data up to date, or have a script that does that for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cosborn1231 Is it possible to get the whole organization projects tfs data into excel by using the same...????

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.