Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

how to connect filter threshold table to Matrix

hello

i have a small threshold i created that i would like to use as a slicer for my Matrix table... i just dont know how to "connect the 2"

can someone assist?   thanks  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av69y58QJYzRjyMDJ5UITXVP0Sgs

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Generally, you would grab the MAX of your threshold in your measures and if it is more/less than the threshold, return 0 or BLANK(), otherwise calculate as you are right now.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

so in the measure which generates the values of the matrix, wrap a if and a Max

here is my measure i actually have 3 diffrent measures on values in my Maxtrix...., not 100% how this is accomplished based on your explanation...  can you write a pseudo formula based on your method?  thanks

1 month MatchRate Delta = 
IF(ISBLANK(DATEADD(test[Date],-1,MONTH)),BLANK(),
CALCULATE(sumx(test,test[MatchedRate]), filter(all(test[Date]), test[Date] = max(test[Date])))
- 
CALCULATE(SUMX(test, MAX(test[MatchedRate])), DATEADD(test[Date],-1,MONTH))
)

Hi @ilcaa72,

We can create the measures as below to meet your requirement.

1 = IF([1 month MatchRate Delta]>=SELECTEDVALUE(Threshold[MatchRate Threshold]),[1 month MatchRate Delta],BLANK())
3 = IF([3 month MatchRate Delta]>=SELECTEDVALUE(Threshold[MatchRate Threshold]),[3 month MatchRate Delta],BLANK())
6 = IF([6 month MatchRate Delta]>=SELECTEDVALUE(Threshold[MatchRate Threshold]),[6 month MatchRate Delta],BLANK())

Capture.PNG

Also please refere to the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl28jdu6vuxvbvn/testDifference-mod1.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks Frank, but I dont want to hide the data point, i am trying to filter the table to only show values >= the selected threshold

your measures remove the data point.  i am trying to filter a table to just show Bank ID which contain a value > = threshold

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.