Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

how to connect filter threshold table to Matrix

hello

i have a small threshold i created that i would like to use as a slicer for my Matrix table... i just dont know how to "connect the 2"

can someone assist?   thanks  https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av69y58QJYzRjyMDJ5UITXVP0Sgs

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Generally, you would grab the MAX of your threshold in your measures and if it is more/less than the threshold, return 0 or BLANK(), otherwise calculate as you are right now.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

so in the measure which generates the values of the matrix, wrap a if and a Max

here is my measure i actually have 3 diffrent measures on values in my Maxtrix...., not 100% how this is accomplished based on your explanation...  can you write a pseudo formula based on your method?  thanks

1 month MatchRate Delta = 
IF(ISBLANK(DATEADD(test[Date],-1,MONTH)),BLANK(),
CALCULATE(sumx(test,test[MatchedRate]), filter(all(test[Date]), test[Date] = max(test[Date])))
- 
CALCULATE(SUMX(test, MAX(test[MatchedRate])), DATEADD(test[Date],-1,MONTH))
)

Hi @ilcaa72,

We can create the measures as below to meet your requirement.

1 = IF([1 month MatchRate Delta]>=SELECTEDVALUE(Threshold[MatchRate Threshold]),[1 month MatchRate Delta],BLANK())
3 = IF([3 month MatchRate Delta]>=SELECTEDVALUE(Threshold[MatchRate Threshold]),[3 month MatchRate Delta],BLANK())
6 = IF([6 month MatchRate Delta]>=SELECTEDVALUE(Threshold[MatchRate Threshold]),[6 month MatchRate Delta],BLANK())

Capture.PNG

Also please refere to the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl28jdu6vuxvbvn/testDifference-mod1.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks Frank, but I dont want to hide the data point, i am trying to filter the table to only show values >= the selected threshold

your measures remove the data point.  i am trying to filter a table to just show Bank ID which contain a value > = threshold

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.