Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frankcf
Frequent Visitor

how to compare sales data for 2 fiscal periods on the same page

I have set up my sales page with 3 separate fiscal periods ( FY15, FY16 & FY17). How can i use two separate tables on the same page to display sales data by sales person by fiscal year. I would like to use a slicer to select which fisal year should be poplulated in Table1 and a slicer to select which fiscal year for Table 2

For example 

Table 1                                                                                        Table 2

FY15                                                                                             FY16

Salesperson       Sales Amount                                                    Salesperson        Sales Amount

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jahida
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm hoping you already know how to set up one of those tables on a page. Basically just create two of the same table and the same slicer, and then make sure that they don't interact with each other by clicking on one slicer, going to Format -> Edit Interactions, and make sure that each slicer is set only to filter the visual it's meant to filter. When you're done it should look something like this:

Capture.PNG

And if you click on the other slicer, you'll want to set it to the opposite (the circle things on both visuals on the left, and the filter thing for the table on the right).

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jahida
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm hoping you already know how to set up one of those tables on a page. Basically just create two of the same table and the same slicer, and then make sure that they don't interact with each other by clicking on one slicer, going to Format -> Edit Interactions, and make sure that each slicer is set only to filter the visual it's meant to filter. When you're done it should look something like this:

Capture.PNG

And if you click on the other slicer, you'll want to set it to the opposite (the circle things on both visuals on the left, and the filter thing for the table on the right).

Hope that helps!

Hi

thanks for the help with this issue, and your solution work perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.