cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frankcf
Frequent Visitor

how to compare sales data for 2 fiscal periods on the same page

I have set up my sales page with 3 separate fiscal periods ( FY15, FY16 & FY17). How can i use two separate tables on the same page to display sales data by sales person by fiscal year. I would like to use a slicer to select which fisal year should be poplulated in Table1 and a slicer to select which fiscal year for Table 2

For example 

Table 1                                                                                        Table 2

FY15                                                                                             FY16

Salesperson       Sales Amount                                                    Salesperson        Sales Amount

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jahida Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: how to compare sales data for 2 fiscal periods on the same page

I'm hoping you already know how to set up one of those tables on a page. Basically just create two of the same table and the same slicer, and then make sure that they don't interact with each other by clicking on one slicer, going to Format -> Edit Interactions, and make sure that each slicer is set only to filter the visual it's meant to filter. When you're done it should look something like this:

Capture.PNG

And if you click on the other slicer, you'll want to set it to the opposite (the circle things on both visuals on the left, and the filter thing for the table on the right).

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jahida Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm hoping you already know how to set up one of those tables on a page. Basically just create two of the same table and the same slicer, and then make sure that they don't interact with each other by clicking on one slicer, going to Format -> Edit Interactions, and make sure that each slicer is set only to filter the visual it's meant to filter. When you're done it should look something like this:

Capture.PNG

And if you click on the other slicer, you'll want to set it to the opposite (the circle things on both visuals on the left, and the filter thing for the table on the right).

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Frankcf
Frequent Visitor

Hi

thanks for the help with this issue, and your solution work perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors