Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to change number format in multi row card to currency (dollar sign and no decimal for cents)

I am using multi row word card to display totals for annual expenses and revenues, however the number shows without dollar sign and it has 2 decimal places. I just want to show dollar format like $XXX,XXX,XXX.  I used the edit query to set to  fixed decimal number then when i go to my visualizations, i just can't figure out how to make my number into currency. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just figured it out by clicking around, i had to be in the visualization and select it from the Fields column then i can Modify the currency format!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi rickettw,

What's the current format of your data? Have you tried click Modelling ribbon menu -> Format -> Currency and check if it can meet your requirement?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

my format is fixed decimal number and yes i tried Modeling Format and the $ but Format is grayed out. Do you think it has something to do with this being a Word Card? It looks horrible that it shows up as a number and not currency.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just figured it out by clicking around, i had to be in the visualization and select it from the Fields column then i can Modify the currency format!

This doesn't work for me.  If I understand you correctly.  Clicked on the visualization (multi-row card).  Clicked on the field name under Fields in the Visualizations section on right.  Then  go to Modeling ribbon. 

All the formatting options are grayed out.

Did I understand you correctly?

@Anonymous wrote:

That doesnt support direct query 😕

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.