Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pedroccamara
Helper II
Helper II

how to change a date format

Hi all

My report, shows a sum values for 01-01-2016, 01-02-2016, 01-03-2016 etc.

My question is: how can i change it to mmm-aaaa for example?

Tks a lot

Pedro

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Are you wanting to change the way a date field shows in a Table visual in your report? If you select the field in the Fields pane on the right, then go to the Modeling tab in the ribbon at the top, you should see a Formatting section there. Click the drop-down for Format: and select any of the options under Date Time. Unfortunately, there is no option for a custom format, so hopefully there is something there you can use.

View solution in original post

KGrice

Many thanks for your answer, although is not what i've expected.

Meanwhile i guess there's no other way than the way you've said. I thought, on a level report, you could do it.

Anyway, i've also found out that if you don't get the relations between tables right you also can have problems on the date field.

Tks anyway.

Best regards

Pedro

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Are you wanting to change the way a date field shows in a Table visual in your report? If you select the field in the Fields pane on the right, then go to the Modeling tab in the ribbon at the top, you should see a Formatting section there. Click the drop-down for Format: and select any of the options under Date Time. Unfortunately, there is no option for a custom format, so hopefully there is something there you can use.

KGrice

Many thanks for your answer, although is not what i've expected.

Meanwhile i guess there's no other way than the way you've said. I thought, on a level report, you could do it.

Anyway, i've also found out that if you don't get the relations between tables right you also can have problems on the date field.

Tks anyway.

Best regards

Pedro

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.