Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to build M365 usage reports with our Office 365 data?

Hi All,

I am progressing on the use of Power Bi Desktop. 

So I would like to create the M365 usage reports with the data from our tenant. What "get data source" do you pick up?

or is there any other process?

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Kat12345 ,

You can download the Microsoft 365 Power BI Usage Analytics template file from the Microsoft Download Center from the Download Center. After you download the Power BI template file, follow these steps to get started:

1.Open the pbit file.

2.Enter the value of your tenant ID in the dialog box.

3.Enter your administrator credentials to authenticate to Microsoft 365 when prompted.

For reference:

Customize reports in Microsoft 365 usage analysis

Best regards

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps,then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Amitchandak for your quick reply

but this is not what i am looking for.

I have my reports in Power Bi service. But i would like to rework the visuals on Power bi desktop.

In power bi service, open the Teams user activity report and tried to download the .pbix file, but I cannot because it is greyed out (disabled).

I don't work on power bi service, because we cannot do all transformation and i would like to do not make any mistakes on Microsoft's usage reports.

thanks for your help again

Hello @Kat12345 ,

You can download the Microsoft 365 Power BI Usage Analytics template file from the Microsoft Download Center from the Download Center. After you download the Power BI template file, follow these steps to get started:

1.Open the pbit file.

2.Enter the value of your tenant ID in the dialog box.

3.Enter your administrator credentials to authenticate to Microsoft 365 when prompted.

For reference:

Customize reports in Microsoft 365 usage analysis

Best regards

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps,then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The download link downloads a ZIP file - there is not a pbix file in the ZIP. So I am missing the connection between the file I download and the pbix file. Is there something I need to do to convert this to a pbix?
Thanks!

-kathy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.