Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to avoid the imported variables to be zummarize

Hello,

When we load data from our DataWareHouse, using a SQL script, each time, Power BI set some variables to be summarized while we don't need that at all.

To reset those variables to don't summarize, it is very time consuming.

Do someone can propose me a solution to avoid that.

See the example below with Dim Calendar.

Capture Dim Calendar.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous ,

No such feature in Power BI at the moment. Only the idea to implement it in future - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17171438-add-an-option-to-force-all-table-columns-to-the-d

You can vote for it and make it implemented sooner.

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question?Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous ,

I don't see any variable on the screenshot, only table with fields. I assume you meant that after load data from Data Warehouse some your fields become automatically summarized (implicit summarization)

summarization.png

I recommend you to set Default Summarization to all fields to Don't Summarize, so then after next refresh of the report you will not have summarization on those fields.

Or you can change each field in data source directly (or via SQL query in Power BI) which you don't want summarize in Power BI to varchar data type. So then they will be imported as a text.

If you want to do that in one click, you can vote for an idea about it.

Regards,
Ruslan
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do we set the default setting to don't summarize for all fields?  Is it possible to set this option to don't summarize for all tables?  

@Anonymous ,

No such feature in Power BI at the moment. Only the idea to implement it in future - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/17171438-add-an-option-to-force-all-table-columns-to-the-d

You can vote for it and make it implemented sooner.

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
Did I answer your question?Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.