Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to avoid the imported variables to be zummarize

Hello,

When I am importing a SQL table in Power BI, for some reasons, I don't know, almost 1/3 of all the variables into the table are summarized. 

So on a table with 100 variables, I need to select one by one variable and select don't summarize from the modeling tab.

Is there a way to avoid that?

regards,

alepage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

It can reproduce your problem.

It is a behaviour by default.

You could submit an idea here so that it may be achieved on the way.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

If you are in the first scenario, you could right click on the field and select "don't summarized".

8.png

Best Regards
Maggie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning,

I'm sorry for asking a question lacking clarity.  If you go to this address (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Why-is-the-sum-symbol-appearing-at-the-sidebar/td-p/122630)

you will see the example of the table Q13.  The issue, I have is similar.  Just imagine that I click on get data, then select sql data base, then enter the server name and the database name then I click on OK.

My table is imported into Power BI .  My table could contains about 100 columns and among those columns, may be 1/3 show come with a summation sign as in Q13.

Imagine the waste of time to select those variables, one by one then select don't summarize.

What I would like to know, if there is a way to avoid the variables from an imported table to be summarize at the begining.  If some need to be summarized, I would like to have the choice to do it, not by default.

Regards,

alepage

Hi @Anonymous 

It can reproduce your problem.

It is a behaviour by default.

You could submit an idea here so that it may be achieved on the way.

Best Regards
Maggie

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you add columns in a table visual, then the column summarize in this table?

6.png

Or it summarize in the data model?

7.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.