cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

how to attach pbix file in this forum?

Hi, Is there a way to attach the .pbix file in this forum? I do not see that option while creating new thread or while replying to existing thread. it becomes very difficult if someone wants to help me but i am not able to attach the file. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Prashant-

11 REPLIES 11
MikeBresnan
Frequent Visitor

it wont even let me insert a table, i get an html error in which nothing is highlighted to correct.

rmcpdias
Helper I
Helper I

Here is my Power Bi file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmzyDwofiLHinFExd83TORK8CVq3?e=VBfA72

As you can see, none of those soluctions work.

shariqjoy_New
Helper IV
Helper IV

his is such a shame not been able to attach a file here. 😞

Naveen_SV
Helper III
Helper III

Yes even i don't have option to upload the file.

v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ppgandhi11,

For some new community members, they don't have the permission to upload .pbix files. You may need to share file links via DropBox, One Drive, Drive or any other tool.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is really bad. There are multiple cases where we need to upload a file to better explain the situation and we dont have options to open external cloud storage to access for uploading.

Thank you for your response. It will pose serious restriction as we move along. Is there a contact on this forum that I can bring it to admins attention about this? Possibly they can help.

Any contact info for admin to report this? Thanks!

Admin - if you read this, can you please look into it? I want to be able to to attach pbix file in the group where others can possibly help me with the power bi issues. Thanks.

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ppgandhi11

Hi, you can upload the file to DropBox, One Drive, Drive or another similar and publish the link.

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately my work place does not allow file sharing using one drive or Dropbox etc . Those websites are blocked for me. Isn’t there anyway to share the file using this forum?? Tableau allows file attaching options. Power BI doesn’t?? Seem to be a pretty basic feature. It’s very hard to keep sending screen shots and formulas that I am using. In one of the threads I saw that in some cases there does exist attach file option. Don’t know how to avail that. Please advise.
ppgandhi11
Helper V
Helper V

I tried IE and chrome both. Also I tried all the 3 tabs above. Rich Text, HTML and Preview. I don't see Attach file option anywhere.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 1 episode 9_no_dates 768x460.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Watch the playback when Priya Sathy and Charles Webb discuss Datamarts! Kelly also shares Power BI Community updates.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 24 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Ted's Dev Camp - July 28, 2022

Watch Session 24 of Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors