Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

texmexdragon2
Helper V
Helper V

how to add filter context to this measure?

Hello Community  -   I have this measure which works somewhat, but what I actually need to use instead of just the table (Bill To Customer Dim), is a specific column inside of the table (customer number).    Same for the ship to customer.   

I've tried a few things and am getting things like the placeholder error message.   In basic english, my goal would be to filter by something like "bill to customer dim, customer number" whereby customer number is the expression.  

How can this measure be modified to allow for that additional filter context?   I have the customer number on the two customer tables, so I just need to figure out how to get the measure to filter by those specific columns.  

PS1Date Range Distinct Count of RMAs =
SUMX (
    FILTER ( 'Bill To Customer Dim', [PSE1Date Range Measure] > 0 ),
    SUMX (
        FILTER ( 'Ship To Customer Dim', [PSE1Date Range Measure] > 0 ),
        [Distinct Count of RMAs]
    )
)

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @texmexdragon2 ,

Being the calculation based on a filter of the Bill to Customer Dim Table this should by default have the filter you refer to.

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.