Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I create a static measure, need to use it to divide by filtered total of same column

Hi Everyone,

I have a column [Did the student pass Yes/No] and this column has a count total of 100

The number of students who passed in 60, therefore to get the pass rate its 60/100

However I encounter a problem when I put this in a table with subject matter, i.e. the table shows how many students passed for each subject. e.g Subject |Number of students who passed| Pass rate

Maths :    10                                                10/100    (I would like total to remain 100)

English:    20                                                 20/100

Science:   15                                                 15/100

However instead of the total that I am using to divide remaining 100, it changes to the row total, therefore the calculation is now e.g for maths 10/10 instead of 10/100. please note:  I do not want to use "value as % of total" which is provided with the table as its not suitable for what I am trying to achieve, as I also want to visualise this in other ways.

In a nutshell, I would like the denominator as it where, to remain static, as the current measure I have means it isnt.

Thank you in advance for all your help

P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

After my research, This involves the row context and filter context, you could use ALL() Function in your formula

for example:

Create two measure as below:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Qty]))

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Qty]),ALL('Table'))

Result:

1.JPG

here is the reference:

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/managing-all-functions-in-dax-all-allselected-allnoblankrow-allexcept/

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

After my research, This involves the row context and filter context, you could use ALL() Function in your formula

for example:

Create two measure as below:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Qty]))

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Qty]),ALL('Table'))

Result:

1.JPG

here is the reference:

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/managing-all-functions-in-dax-all-allselected-allnoblankrow-allexcept/

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.