Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pcabrero
Frequent Visitor

how can i identify a custom visualization created by other user?

Hello community,

I am trying to replicate a report (created by other user) but cannot find what exact visual has been used. Is there a way I can see the name of the visualization used?

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pcabrero ah ok, its probably the matrix that is in preview

if you to to file (it doesn't say file but its the tab before home) / options  and settings / options / preview features you can enable it there and then it should show up in your visuals

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@pcabrero you can put a screenshot here and maybe we can help?

where is the visual in a power bi file?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

@vanessafvg

It is a pbix, not published yet. It is a matrix that allows to drill down, but it is not the regular matrix as it does not get selected in the visualizations pane of the desktop.

Captura.PNG

Many thanks again!

@pcabrero ah ok, its probably the matrix that is in preview

if you to to file (it doesn't say file but its the tab before home) / options  and settings / options / preview features you can enable it there and then it should show up in your visuals

Anonymous
Not applicable

,@I am not able to see any items specific to custom visualization under preview feature to enable? Using power bi desktop trial. Please help
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which feature we need to enable? Can you please specify

you dont enable anything as far as i know for custom visuals, you download them off marketplace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, I am also looking to find a custom visulaization in my report which was created by another user

GREAT @vanessafvg,

I see it now, maaaaaany thanks!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.