Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

how can i get previous row

Hi all,

Hope all are doing good.

I am getting one problem can you please help me anyone as soon as possible. It's very urgent.

Sample.PNG

Studying Students end othe month = (Studying studnets+App+visa)-Graduations participated

I want output same as above table.

In my raw table i am getting counts for Studying students and App+visa counts and also Garduations participated counts.

As per my requirement after calculating the Studying students as of end of month count for july 2649 and the same count i want to carry forward to aug 2020 and after that these 2649 count should be added to aug-2020 (approved + visa count)-antipaticipated graduations and after that i will get one result. For these result i want to get into Sep-2020 and so on.

If any body knows output can you please ping me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: how can i get previous row

Hi @saikiran 

Create measures

Measure+ = SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[month]<=MAX('Table'[month])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[app+visa])+SUM('Table'[studying students])))

Measure- = SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[month]<=MAX('Table'[month])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[graduations])))

Measure final = [Measure+]-[Measure-]

Capture9.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@saikiran - Seems like you want EARLIER, See my article on Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) which uses EARLIER: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Mean-Time-Between-Failure-MTBF-and-Power-BI/ba-p/3395...

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@saikiran , You need to measure like Cumm with the date and date calendar

Studying Students end othe month =SUM(Table[Studying studnets])+SUM(Table[App+visa])+SUM(Table[Graduations participated])

Cumm = CALCULATE([ Studying Students end othe month]),filter(date,date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date])))
Cumm = CALCULATE([ Studying Students end othe month]),filter(date,date[date] <=max(Table[Date])))

In case you do have date

Date = "01-"& [Month] and mark it as date

First 5 min video shown same -https://youtu.be/yPQ9UV37LOU

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi amitchandak,

Thanks for r your quick response. In the studying students as of end of month i am getting 2649 (i.e.,Jul-2020) as per my calculation and the same resulet i want to carry forwrad to Aug-2020 and these value again calculated to (App+visa) - No. of anticipated Graduations then i will get another result for Aug-2020 these result i want to carry forward to Sep-2020 and so on till dec-2020. can you please try this way and once see the below tables you will get clear clarity.

Expected ouput:

Expected output1.PNG

Getting ouput:

Getting Output.PNG

Thanks in advance!!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saikiran 

Create measures

Measure+ = SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[month]<=MAX('Table'[month])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[app+visa])+SUM('Table'[studying students])))

Measure- = SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[month]<=MAX('Table'[month])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[graduations])))

Measure final = [Measure+]-[Measure-]

Capture9.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors