Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saikiran
Helper I
Helper I

how can i get previous row

Hi all,

Hope all are doing good.

I am getting one problem can you please help me anyone as soon as possible. It's very urgent.

Sample.PNG

Studying Students end othe month = (Studying studnets+App+visa)-Graduations participated

I want output same as above table.

In my raw table i am getting counts for Studying students and App+visa counts and also Garduations participated counts.

As per my requirement after calculating the Studying students as of end of month count for july 2649 and the same count i want to carry forward to aug 2020 and after that these 2649 count should be added to aug-2020 (approved + visa count)-antipaticipated graduations and after that i will get one result. For these result i want to get into Sep-2020 and so on.

If any body knows output can you please ping me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @saikiran 

Create measures

Measure+ = SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[month]<=MAX('Table'[month])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[app+visa])+SUM('Table'[studying students])))

Measure- = SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[month]<=MAX('Table'[month])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[graduations])))

Measure final = [Measure+]-[Measure-]

Capture9.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@saikiran , You need to measure like Cumm with the date and date calendar

Studying Students end othe month =SUM(Table[Studying studnets])+SUM(Table[App+visa])+SUM(Table[Graduations participated])

Cumm = CALCULATE([ Studying Students end othe month]),filter(date,date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date])))
Cumm = CALCULATE([ Studying Students end othe month]),filter(date,date[date] <=max(Table[Date])))

In case you do have date

Date = "01-"& [Month] and mark it as date

First 5 min video shown same -https://youtu.be/yPQ9UV37LOU

Hi amitchandak,

Thanks for r your quick response. In the studying students as of end of month i am getting 2649 (i.e.,Jul-2020) as per my calculation and the same resulet i want to carry forwrad to Aug-2020 and these value again calculated to (App+visa) - No. of anticipated Graduations then i will get another result for Aug-2020 these result i want to carry forward to Sep-2020 and so on till dec-2020. can you please try this way and once see the below tables you will get clear clarity.

Expected ouput:

Expected output1.PNG

Getting ouput:

Getting Output.PNG

Thanks in advance!!

Hi @saikiran 

Create measures

Measure+ = SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[month]<=MAX('Table'[month])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[app+visa])+SUM('Table'[studying students])))

Measure- = SUMX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[month]<=MAX('Table'[month])),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[graduations])))

Measure final = [Measure+]-[Measure-]

Capture9.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@saikiran - Seems like you want EARLIER, See my article on Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) which uses EARLIER: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Mean-Time-Between-Failure-MTBF-and-Power-BI/ba-p/3395...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors