Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how can I export to PDF few Tabs / pages?

Hi,

I am using Power BI desktop Aug2018 release, which allows export to PDF feature that exports the whole report to PDF file.

How can I use the same feature to export only the selected pages / TABs on a report. It would be really helpfull if I get a screen allowing me to select / unselect the TABs that I wish to export.

Thanks,

Apoorv Rami

8 REPLIES 8
bhanunadendla
Frequent Visitor

I am using version Version: 2.79.5768.721 64-bit (March 2020) and I still don't have option to export only few tabs to PPT or PDF.

can some propose any workarounds?

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I assume you are using PowerBI desktop.  Thus, you cannot export to PPT, only PDF.  Under the File menu is the Export dialog:

export.png

Export to pdf generates a pdf of all PowerBi Desktop tabs that are NOT hidden.

No its in Web. For some reason when i am positing issue, i didn't do good job. I did hit submit wihout compelteing all details.   

here is my issue post. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-to-export-few-selected-tabs-from-Power-BI-web-to-PPT-or...

It says compelte but its not. 

thank you

Bhanu

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PDF export only exports pages that are not hidden.  Thus, you could hide the tabs of the pages you do not want to print to pdf.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not found this to be accurate. Power BI exports all the pages in the report that I have, and most of them are hidden. 😞

I am able to export only visible pages (tabs) by making sure to check the 

"Exclude hidden report tabs" checkbox in the Export to PDF window. This is true as of the date of this reply. I hope this helps you.

- Michael D, Data Storyteller
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! That feature was added shortly after I asked the question. And it works great!

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

SingleT -

Sorry to hear that it's not working for you.  From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-export-to-pdf: "The Export to PDF process will export all visible pages in the report, with each report page exporting to a single page in the PDF. Report pages that are currently not visible, such as any tooltips or hidden pages, are not exported to the PDF file."  It seems to work for me unless something has changed recently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.