Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jurgenvd
Helper I
Helper I

how Items with no data issue with filter

Hello Everyone

There is a problem with the active filters if you select "Show items with no data"

below an example that shows tickets created per month, 

When i select "Show items with no data" it displays more than 14 months ago than the relative slicer is saying.

What is also strange is that the graph also shows months that are still about to come.

Anyone with similar issues, is this a bug?

many Thanks

Capture3.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

sometimes I encounter the same issue.

This happens, if I'm choosing different sources for the date slicer and the bar chart.

Choosing a date column from a separate Calendar table (it's always a good idea to have a separate date table) for the sllicer and the data column from your table where the meausre is located, will result in disparate visualization.

Maybe you can check if the source for both of your visualiztions is based on the same column

Hope this helps

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany
jurgenvd
Helper I
Helper I

Something extra that i found is that my graph is only showing the data of the last 14 months,  but the months before and after he still keeps showing with no data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jurgenvd

Did you solve your issue?

Hi , 

No i still have same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jurgenvd

Okay, let's solve this. Can you send me your pbix file or send me a screen shot of your data?

hi, sorry for the delay,

im still facing the issue,  i couldn't share my file since it has confidential data but i replicated the issue in a new file,

how can i send you?

Thanks

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@jurgenvd 

if you want to show blank data based on your relative filter i woud suggest using

if(isblank(measure), 0, measure)

what is your current measure? and what are you trying to do?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

@vanessafvg

Hi

i can not use the if Isblank meassure since there is nothing to measure.

If no ticket is created in a specific month, than i will not find that date back in my table.

Or am i wrong?

Thanks for you help! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gi @jurgenvd

Can you tell me about, what you've plotted in your visualization? And if those columns comes from the same table. I think we need some more information to solve your challenge.

Best,

Martin

@Anonymous

Hi  

This is how i build my graph 

Axis : "ticket creation date"

Value: count of ticket-number

Relative slicer "Last 14 Calendar Months"

If i unselect the "show items with no data" option than it shows correctly the last 14 Calendar months.

Thanks for your help

Hi @jurgenvd,

After research, I can not reproduce your issue. Do you mind share your .pbix file for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.