Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

thos123
Regular Visitor

how I compare budget and sale price

I had data,

first table include time,customer,product,sale,sale price.

second table include time ,sale team,target price

third table include sale,sale team

how I can compare between sale price and target price?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
thos123
Regular Visitor

Yes you can approach as you have shown in the link.

Another method is - http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2012/01/salesbudget-integrating-data-of-different-grains/

If you come from a relational database background it can be hard to get your head around (it was for me anyway). There should be no direct joins/links between your data tables, instead data tables should link to common dimension/lookup tables.

Edit - In your eample I think you will need to add product to table 2 (I cant see a common link at the moment). You can then create product and date/period look up tables and link table 1 and 2 accordingly. Use the look up table values as the row and column items in your analysis.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
thos123
Regular Visitor

Yes you can approach as you have shown in the link.

Another method is - http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2012/01/salesbudget-integrating-data-of-different-grains/

If you come from a relational database background it can be hard to get your head around (it was for me anyway). There should be no direct joins/links between your data tables, instead data tables should link to common dimension/lookup tables.

Edit - In your eample I think you will need to add product to table 2 (I cant see a common link at the moment). You can then create product and date/period look up tables and link table 1 and 2 accordingly. Use the look up table values as the row and column items in your analysis.

thos123
Regular Visitor

I don't have target price for product . I have only sale price.
Target price is goal for team sale.

Thanks for your comment.
fitnesspowerbi
Advocate II
Advocate II

If you wanted to compare the traget and sale price for a given product you would need "product" in both tables. Once in both tables you can use a clustered bar chart with product on the shared axis and sale price and target price in the column values. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.