Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MAAbdullah47
Helper V
Helper V

histogram problem in displaying the frequencies in percentage

Dear Ladies/Gentleman

I have a histogram display the range of order total sales per order here is an example:

Assume the total number of orders is 600,000 and the total sales is 40,000,000 $, the histogram will

display the sales distribution according to the following sequence:

sales range               order frequency

-----------                 ----------------

sales (0-10) $ ----> 100,000 orders out of 600,000

sales (10-20) $ ---> 97,564 orders out of 600,000

......etc

If I want to display the Histogram as frequency with show value as (no calculation) the histogram display the order frequency as above example ,   But If I want to display show value as (percent of grand total) it displays the frequencies equally 10 for each sale range (not right), anyone tell me how to solve this problem to display the frequency in percentage?

Frequencies  No calculation (OK)Frequencies No calculation (OK)No calculation.pngPercentage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MAAbdullah47

Hi,

Add to the Tooltips, not the axis. Try it please.

histogram problem in displaying the frequencies in percentage.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@MAAbdullah47

Hi,

You must be using custom visual “Histogram”. It looks great. Maybe you used a wrong visual in your scenario. Frequency in “Histogram” usually count the frequency of “Values” in the visual. For example, frequency of “1-5” is 4 which counts the Sales, not the sum of “Whatever”.  Reference here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histogram

Sales    Whatever
1           122
1           169
3           187
4           196
6           177
6           136
7           141
12         120

May be you need a Clustered Column Chart. Using bins to categorize the “Sales”.  (Click New Group to create bins.)histogram problem in displaying the frequencies in percentage.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Any Comment please about My last replay? 

@MAAbdullah47

Hi,

If you used the Clustered Column Chart, you don't need to add legend. In the "axis", it should be "sales range" (in your first post). The value should be "order frequency" (show value as percentage of grand total).  If your source data looked like this, it should be grouped.

sales range  order frequency

0                   10000

1                   10000

2                   10000

Grouping isn't needed in this scenario.

0 - 10                    10000

11 - 20                  10000

21 - 30                  10000

Please have a try.

Best Regards!

Dale

It looks better than before,Clustered Column New.png But Still, each number alone how I do it like what you said in the second part of your previous post ?

It looks now better than before.

What you said in our last post is:

0 - 10                    10000

11 - 20                  10000

21 - 30                  10000

How can I do it on sales range?

I mean in the tool tip how I can display it as sales range (0-10) (10-20) ,,,etc ?

@MAAbdullah47

Hi,

You don't need to add it. The visual will show the axis. Have a look at the picture. In the last scenario, no group needed.

histogram problem in displaying the frequencies in percentage .jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Slice Not Solved.png

Still, I'm not able to do it as label ranges !!

@MAAbdullah47

Hi,

You used bins. Maybe you can use this measure. (Make any changes necessary). And then add it to Tooltips.

Measure =
CONCATENATE (
    CONCATENATE ( MIN ( 'Table1'[Total sales] ), "-" ),
    MAX ( 'Table1'[Total sales] )
)

Best Regards!

Dale

Not Accept Measure when I put it in the (Axies)

@MAAbdullah47

Hi,

Add to the Tooltips, not the axis. Try it please.

histogram problem in displaying the frequencies in percentage.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Thank You So much It works now, sorry that it takes much time but at the end, we achieve what we want.

Still Not Working Can You explain how I do it appears in the Graph again step by step?

I did it In groups but It doesn't look nice. I don't know how to deal with it do you have reference or tutorial do it step by step?

But Now Become worse , It does not group them in ranges (0-10) ,(10-20) ,,,,etc

Clustered.png

MAAbdullah47
Helper V
Helper V

No Updates?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.