Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

hierarchy on measure

Hello All,

Is there any way that we can create hierarchy  on measure in PBI desktop? I have a measure "Loss Ratio" on top and then need to add "Year" below that and at last "Business Line" below Year. So at top of hierarchy it would be a measure then I will further drill down to year and business line.

I serached over and found that measure could not be included in hierarchy but is there any way to achieve this type of functionality?

Please help!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hello experts, any help on this, please?

Thanks

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

I have calculated loss ratio as sum(table[claims])/sum(table[premium]) in "Loss Ratio" measure. The same formula won't work in column as it gives different results. Is ther eany way that the same results will be produced by column? If I could have such a column (which gives correct result as measure) then I could make a hierarchy on that column.

Please suggest, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.